Cheer Car Wash

Cheer Car Wash
Fund raiser

Monday, June 27, 2011

Attention ALL cheerleaders ...

Beginning Wednesday, August 17th practices become MANDATORY!!! This means that you are required to be present at all practices from August 17th on. If you miss a practice it will effect your eligibility to cheer at the games. We have so many girls coming and going during the summer (which I understand to a point) but everyone was aware when joining cheer that summer practices are a requirement. **Someone today actually said they didn't know practices started tomorrow!!! When I have posted it since tryouts!!** AHHHHH

We have a HUGE performance the 1st day of school, Varsity and JV both have games before school starts, and we need to learn over 100 cheers, several dances and a performance routine. The only way this can be accomplished is if EVERYONE attends practice. Again, if you miss several practices this may cut you from the performance and/or the first few games (if you don't know the cheers and stunts).

Above all our games are a performance. We have to be prepared. It isn't fair to the girls who have perfect attendance and work hard if Julie and I allow someone on the field who is lost and doesn't know the cheers and chants.

Please mark your calendars on August 17th with the mandatory practice date. Typically we take the week off after cheer camp but looking at everyone's vacations schedules this might not be possible. So many girls are gone throughout July that I foresee having to add on Monday practices and even maybe extending a few days to 3 hours.

One other note ... I am struggling to get ahold of several girls. If you get a text from me ... please respond, especially when my text indicates a response. I can't "stalk" 32 girls!!! I also recommend you check the cheer blog DAILY!! Camp money was due today and I am still missing payment from 8 girls!! I cannot pay the balance until I receive all the monies owed. They will only hold our reservation without full payment for so long. Please try to be responsible, do your part and let's work as a team!! I absolutely appreciate all the girls and parents who are diligent in their duties ... it really makes my life so much easier!!! So thank you to those people who paid on time for camp, call me with any changes, and keep track of schedules, etc. :)

Thank you,
Coach Kim

PS I cannot wait to have Captains ... :) I could use the help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment